Q: it spitts and sputters when setting and does the same thing when shifting gears and drinks the gas

when setting in park it spitts and sputters and almost dies and spitts and sputters evry time when shifting gears and has no power at all and it drinks the gas

The engine needs the proper fuel and spark to operated correctly. You may want to see if you notice any lights illuminated on the dashboard. The possibilities of this condition are an engine misfire, which could be caused by a fault in the ignition system (spark) or the fuel system. The fuel system needs the correct the operating pressure in order to function properly. If you want to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your car’s sputtering issue and let you know what needs to be done.

• it spitts and sputters when setting and does the same thing when shifting gears and drinks the gas