Q: It' shutting off if I get below 1rpm. Has been idling high and having issues shifting down when it's supposed to.

It' shutting off if I get below 1rpm. Has been idling high and having issues shifting down when it's supposed to.

Hello, thanks for writing in. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of engine performance issues, which can be caused by many things. A few common causes for rough idle and stalling are problems with the fuel, ignition, and engine management systems. If any of the components of these systems, such as the ignition coil, module, fuel pump, or a sensor, fail they can disrupt the performance of the engine and cause misfires, loss of power and efficiency, as well as stalling. Stalling can also occur if there is issues with the idle air control valve, or if there is a vacuum leak. If the check engine light is on I would start by retrieving the trouble codes as they can likely provide some insight on what the source of the issue may be. If there is no light, I would start by testing the idle air control valve moving from there. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• It' shutting off if I get below 1rpm. Has been idling high and having issues shifting down when it's supposed to.