Q: It's overheating. New pump, radiator, thermostat and reservoir cap

When idling the gage goes up to the middle but when on interstate it climbs higher and check coolant comes on

You need to verify the coolant is full when the engine is cold. Open the reservoir and fill the reservoir to the fill the cold line. Do this only when it is cold. Sometimes you get air pockets when work is done and it takes time to get all the air out. Use 50/50 coolant premixed. If you still have issues after a couple days of topping the coolant off when the engine is cold, then call a mechanic to come inspect the overheating issue further.

3. It's overheating. New pump, radiator, thermostat and reservoir cap