Q: it misses and when it change gear some time it cuts out like it not getting gas and when you gt in overdrive it misses bad

It has a miss in it, wsome time when it changes gears it cuts out like it not get gas, but you let up on gas a few times and it will quite, but when it gets in overdrive it misses real bad

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Dodge Durango. Based on the information you gave, I suspect that you have a problem within the ignition system. Although you didn't mention it, I'm sure your Check Engine Light will be on. Have your vehicle scanned for diagnostic trouble codes that can help determine the affected components.

A test you can conduct is to put the vehicle in drive, hold the brake tightly, and press on the gas pedal. If you feel it misfire, then that may indicate you have at least one bad ignition coil. It may produce a spark at idle, but when the vehicle is under load, higher voltage is required to produce a spark capable of igniting the air/fuel mixture.

If your concern ends up being ignition coil related, I would suggest that you also change the spark plugs, as they can become fouled from the misfires and may contribute to the problem. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will have the tools and knowledge to properly test, diagnose, and repair your engine misfire.