Q: It made a clicking noise when I lifted the clutch, I turn my engine on it starts to shake then cut out 2005 Volkswagon Golf

The clicking noise was made when ever I lifted the clutch, when I turn the engine on it shakes and makes a noise and cuts out could you please help?

Hello - it’s hard to say whether the noise and rough running are connected or not. First task would be to check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is illuminated or not. The clicking sound when you release the clutch could be a worn bearing in the transmission - hard to say without hearing it. The rough running could be an air leak in the intake, idle air control valve, dirty throttle body, low fuel pressure, etc. I recommend a rough idle inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. It made a clicking noise when I lifted the clutch, I turn my engine on it starts to shake then cut out 2005 Volkswagon Golf