Q: it is not shifting right. like its not engaging or something

Ok so, i have a 1997 Dodge Ram 4x4 with a 5.2L V8 automatic. And i just replaced the transmission, but i haven't been able to drive it yet because for some reason when i go from (P)park to (R)reverse and then (N)nutural to (D)drive then (2nd) to (1st) it shifts WAY to easy. And doesn't feel like its really shifting at all. But all of the linkages are hooked up tho. And then i go to put it all the way back up to (P)park it makes a clunking sound each time that i shift it back up to (P)park. And it sounds like the clunking noise is on the firewall like behind the steering column. Do you have any idea what it could be? Please let me know. Thank you!

3. it is not shifting right. like its not engaging or something