Q: It is hard to shift into gear

I push my clutch down and it's hard for me to shift into 1st and 2nd I have to use a good but of force what does this mean?

A: Without knowing what year your vehicle is, ...

Without knowing what year your vehicle is, I don't know if your clutch is hydraulic or cable-operated, so I will cover both. If it is cable-operated, it is possible that the cable is simply out of adjustment. If it is a hydraulic clutch, then it is possible that the clutch slave cylinder and/or master cylinder are worn internally. If that's the case, then there will not be enough hydraulic force to fully apply and/or release the clutch, which can make it difficult to shift into and out of any gear. Also, going by the mileage listed and assuming the clutch hasn't ever been replaced in this vehicle, you could simply have a worn out clutch, and so it may be time to replace the clutch assembly altogether. I would recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, look into your shifting issues to properly diagnose the problem.