Q: Engine idles rough sometimes and looses power.

Sometimes when you stop it idols down and jumps up and down. You can be driving and it loses power you push the gas and nothing happens when it does that and you let off the gas it idols way down and then chugs up and down

A: Hi there. Most of the time on diesel engin...

Hi there. Most of the time on diesel engines for Ford trucks, there could be an issue with the injection control pressure sensor (ICP). Check the ICP to see if it is functioning and has power to it. The ICP sensor is located on the passenger side valve cover toward the front of the cover. It is best to wait until vehicle is surging and then unplug the ICP sensor. This will set check engine light, but if vehicle smooths out then ICP sensor has failed. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with the injection control pressure sensor diagnosis.