Q: it doesn't want to shift into reverse sometimes and it doesn't want to shift up to the next gear without letting off on the gas why

the car won't shift in gears like it's made to I've tried reprograming like it said in the manual but it goes back to doing it again. and some times it revs up to shift into the next gear and I have to let off of the gas for it to shift what can I do about this? thankyou

3. it doesn't want to shift into reverse sometimes and it doesn't want to shift up to the next gear without letting off on the gas why