Q: it doesn't want to shift into reverse sometimes and it doesn't want to shift up to the next gear without letting off on the gas why

the car won't shift in gears like it's made to I've tried reprograming like it said in the manual but it goes back to doing it again. and some times it revs up to shift into the next gear and I have to let off of the gas for it to shift what can I do about this? thankyou

Hello. It sounds like the car has a valve body issue. Most of the time, this is caused by one of the valves getting hung up in the transmission valve body or one of the solenoids sticking. I usually scan the computer for codes first to see if anything comes up. If not, then I test the pressures of the transmission to see if it is an electrical issue or a mechanical issue. Either way it would be best for you to get some help from a transmission specialist with this. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the shifting issue and pinpoint the problem.

3. it doesn't want to shift into reverse sometimes and it doesn't want to shift up to the next gear without letting off on the gas why