Q: It cranks but wont start

It cranks but wont start I tested it for sparks and no sparks I bought a new ignition coil and put it on still no sparks

A: Hi there: When a cars engine will crank bu...

Hi there:

When a cars engine will crank but won't start, it's typically caused by a fuel delivery or ignition system failure. On a 2002 Ford Focus, there are more than two dozen individual components that could possibly be faulty, dirty or broken that restrict the Focus' ability to start; ranging from mass air flow sensors to the crankshaft position sensor. In order to correctly diagnose this problem, a professional mechanic would be needed to complete a car is hard to start inspection.