Q: Is this a transmission issue? Do I need to replace the car? Is it an easy fix?

While I was driving on the highway, I accelerated to 55 mph but suddenly the car decelerated to 50 mph. I tried to increase the speed to get up to the speed limit, but the car wouldn't increase the speed and the rpm would continue to climb (maybe faster than normal. I quickly pulled over. The RPMs were very inconsistent and I couldn't really drive past 40 w/o this problem.

A: Hi there: The symptoms you’re describing a...

Hi there:

The symptoms you’re describing are typically an indication of a slipping transmission; however, it could be a simple sensor that is faulty or damaged that is causing this problem to occur. Before you decide to sell your car, contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete a car is hard to accelerate inspection; which will allow them to determine why your Nissan is having this issue and recommend the best and most affordable course of action you should take.