Q: Is this a good car to own and what is the cost/reliability?

Stated above

Hi there. Every used car can have unknowns. Scion is a product of the Toyota Motor Company and shares the history of reliability of said company. However, each car is only as good as the preventive maintenance that has been done. Parts can and do wear out, that is a normal cycle. A good pre-purchase inspection will definitely put your mind at ease and uncover any immediate concerns that should be addressed. YourMechanic has several available technicians who can assist you with a pre-purchase inspection.