Q: Is there any reason that a mechanic would have put a MT58 battery in instead of a MT86?

I've been dealing with the same company for the last 3 years, including the several batteries that I have had through them. I got the original one in Feb of 2015 and have had 4 more under warranty since then. Every time they put one in, it lasts anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple months before it dies again. This week I was driving and my gas stopped, brakes locked and my power steering went. The new garage said this was because my battery was so fried, but that it was also a MT58, which is much too small for my car. This is obviously wrong and I'm thinking that they have always used the MT58, but just charged me for the MT86. Price doesn't make the overall difference but it obviously plays a huge role in the overall well-being of my car. What do you think?

3. Is there any reason that a mechanic would have put a MT58 battery in instead of a MT86?