Q: Is there another way to remove crank sensor

Hi, I have a 05 clk 500 that needs the crank sensor replaced. When I went to replace the sensor I notice that the bolt is warped. So the E8 socket won't grip it. Thanks!

Working with damaged bolts is one of the things that can really challenge even the most experienced mechanic. The fastener has to come out to change the part, and if the head is distorted, you’re going to have to use your imagination. There are alternative tools for extracting bolts, sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. Most of them involve some drilling which can be very difficult in tight spaces, and the potential for making the problem worse is very high. Unless you have a lot of experience with this kind of thing, it’s probably best to pass this one on to a professional. You can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to look at your crank sensor problem and let you know what can be done about it.

3. Is there another way to remove crank sensor