Q: Is there a problem with the factory-installed security system that's preventing the car from starting?

The car was being stored in my carport & was being started every day with no problem. Someone broke into it and stole the stereo system, including a couple of speakers. Instead of pulling the wires of the stereo out of the plug, they cut the wires with wire cutters. Since then, the car tries to start but the fuel pump isn't getting any gas. Is the security system preventing it from starting, and if so, how can I fix it?

The security system for the car can tell the electronic control unit (ECU) to not start the vehicle if it has been broken in to. Generally, the security system enables the fail safe mode when a window has been broken or the car alarm has gone off.

A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your no start issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Is there a problem with the factory-installed security system that's preventing the car from starting?