Q: Is there a battery extender for this model?

This problem is with my second car, which sits at my other house for months at a time. Naturally, when I arrive to spend time there, the battery has trouble and/or the car won’t start. Is there a battery extender for my make/model? I have seen some advertised that are for traditional domestic cars which have wall plug-ins and when plugged into the battery prevent it from going dead. Thanks for your assistance with this.

A: Deltran (who makes the official BMW trickle...

Deltran (who makes the official BMW trickle chargers) is a known solid resource for an aftermarket trickle charger. It goes by the name BatteryTender. Whichever brand you select, don’t use one that just plugs into the cigarette lighter. The vehicle electronics go into "sleep" mode after some period of time. Disconnect circuits like the cigarette lighter, voiding any "battery input" from your trickle charger.