Q: Is the wiring in my door ruined?

Everything electrical within the driver’s side door of my 2006 Volkswagen Jetta has completely stopped working, including the lock and window. My car has around 90,000 miles on it and is in the cold a lot. I'm not sure if it could be a factor, but my car was always glitchier in the cold before it failed completely. How big of a repair is this?

A: The wire harness has problems with wires br...

The wire harness has problems with wires breaking, causing various door accessories to become inoperative. The manufacturer has a technical service bulletin (TSB) 11-05, dated 7/18/2011, that calls for inspection and replacement of the complete drivers door harness. This TSB is not a recall, so the repair is not under warranty and you will be charged for the cost.