Q: Is the transmission gone

I put it in reverse it goes in drive , neural and it goes in drive , every gear is drive , I notice a back censor passenger side is broke could that be the problem or is the transmission gone ???? Thanks Daren

Hi there:

It’s hard to tell without being there to complete a test drive whether or not you’re experiencing a linkage issue or an internal component of the transmission that is faulty. In most cases, this type of shifting issues is caused by hydraulic fluid that is low or is or obstructed some how. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete a car is not able to change gears inspection so they can verify where the problem exists; so they can make the best repairs.