Q: Is the pricing below fair? And can I drive the van?

Hi Scott,

I took my mom's van into a service station because the check engine light had come on. The evaporator canister was replaced for $702 + the computer fee. I picked up the van and was told there are 3 more things wrong: 1) Oil Pan Reseal and Gasket for $399; Tie Rod Left Out Replacement for $658 and Swaybar Link Both Sides for $1032 for a new total of $2214.34 on top of the $750 I have already spent. Is this normal, fair? What do you recommend? What can you offer? Thanks so much. Genie

Also, is it safe to drive the van? Specifically, can I drive the van from MD to NC to go home for Thanksgiving?

3. Is the pricing below fair? And can I drive the van?