Q: Is the ignition switch cylinder interchangeable between the 99 Eclipse GS and the 2000 eclipse.

Is the ignition switch cylinder interchangeable between the 99 Eclipse GS and the 2000 eclipse. I have lost my key for my 99 and the ignition switch cylinder needs to be replaced anyway. I have a 2000 Eclipse Spyder GT that I have taken the motor and transmission out of in order to put into my 2001 Eclipse Spyder GT. I have the key for the 2000 and was wondering if I were to take the ignition switch cylinder out of the 2000 would it fit into my 99

Hi Sean. The parts themselves are similar, and would most likely fit. However, we don’t recommend swapping out different year components on vehicles with ECU’s - as there are several compatibility problems that typically occur.

3. Is the ignition switch cylinder interchangeable between the 99 Eclipse GS and the 2000 eclipse.