Q: Is that too miles on this car

Looking at used mercedes ml550 with 104,000 miles. Is that to many miles on this car?

Mileage is just a number. When looking to purchase a used vehicle, it is important to look at the entire vehicle along with that number. A vehicle that is 7 years old with 100k should run great if the previous owner kept up on the vehicles maintenance. Always ask for services records. This shows the vehicle was cared for and may weigh in your decision of making an investment.

Get a good look at the tires on the vehicle. They are essential and will be an added expense if they need to be purchased soon after buying the vehicle. If you’re acquiring this vehicle at a dealership or car lot, sometimes you can work a deal and agree to buy the vehicle if new tires are installed at the time of purchase for example.

Take the car for a good test drive. Make left and right turns, shift through all the gears. A Mercedes is a luxury vehicle, so it should feel like you’re driving one. If you are unsure of anything, contact a certified mechanic who can perform a prepurchase inspection of the vehicle for you. They will have the experience, knowledge, and a trained eye to inspect a vehicle you’re interesting in purchasing and advising you on the condition of the vehicle and if anything needs attention.

3. Is that too miles on this car