Q: Is replacing rear coil springs easy?

I want to replace my rear coil spring in my 05 montana vs6, is there a video or step by step instructions on how to do this. already replaced shocks and struts, but in the rear the van still hits pretty hard on bumps or rough road.

A: Hi there - in general, this is NOT a recomm...

Hi there - in general, this is NOT a recommended repair for the average do-it-yourselfer. Replacing a coil spring, while relatively straightforward mechanically, requires raising and supporting the vehicle safely approximately 2-3 feet off the ground. With the axle securely support with a jack, the shock on one side is CAREFULLY removed, with an appropriate jack under the axle to slowly lower the axle until the spring is at full length. This is a fairly dangerous process - the spring has an amazing amount of energy when compressed, and if it leaps out sideways, serious injury can result. Should you choose not to do this yourself - a reasonable decision - I would recommend having a coil spring replacement service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location and safely make this repair.