Q: Is my throttle cable broken?

When I am driving the throttle will cut out randomly and I will lose power, but if I push the clutch in and then release it, it will kick back in.

Hello there, thanks for your question. A faulty throttle cable can cause big problems on your 1992 Suzuki Sidekick. There are a few different faults that could cause the cutting out. The most common would be a fuel pump, fuel filter, throttle cable, throttle plate, battery, or an alternator. This vehicle should not be driven until this issue is repaired, as it is unsafe to drive if it keeps cutting out.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.