Q: Is my problem the timing belt is worn?

Have a knocking noise in idle. Car drives but when going uphill I lose power and there is a backfire in the carburetor.

3. Is my problem the timing belt is worn?

Q: Car smoking a lot

White smoke would indicate coolant burning, blue smoke would be oil burning. The smell can help you determine which as well. In any case, if the engine smokes all the time, out of the tailpipe, it is serious. If there...

Q: Installing a new distributor and need to get cyl. 1 at tdc how do i acheive this while making sure the rotor is set at #1?

The easiest way I have found to do it is to mark on the intake where number one wire is on cap. Put mark on intake. Also not the distributor wire connector orientation and mark where it is also. Remove...

Q: Q: no spark

You'll need to look in the engine compartment's fuse box and check the ENG-1 fuse and all of the other fuses to see if you have any are blown. The crankshaft sensor's pink wire should have ignition switch power at...