Q: Is my problem the timing belt is worn?

Have a knocking noise in idle. Car drives but when going uphill I lose power and there is a backfire in the carburetor.

3. Is my problem the timing belt is worn?

Q: Q: Car starts and shuts off

Hello. If the engine only runs for a second and then turns off then that usually means that the engine was not timed right. You will need to remove the distributor and retime it. It can also be a defective...

Q: 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme won't shift out of Park

This is a common problem when the shift lock solenoid either isn't getting a signal or has failed, have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect and diagnose the problem.

Q: My car is making a knocking noise - 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88

The first concern is your oil system. Do you have full and clean oil in the vehicle? If the fluid is low, or there is an oil leak, the vehicle will have low oil pressure at idle. When the engine...