Q: Is my a/c going out or just the refrigerant?

My a/c air is blowing that cold and their is a whining sound coming through the vents for a few seconds when after I start the car. Is it that I just need to recharge the refrigerant?

Hello.

If the AC is still blowing cold air then it is likely okay on refrigerant. Usually low refrigerant will result in hot air coming from the AC. The whining sound coming from the vents may simply be air escaping from the vents when the vehicle is powered on. If the noise appears to be abnormal, or appears only under certain conditions, then that may be a sign of a faulty AC component. If the issue worsens I would recommend having the vehicle diagnosed by a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, as pinpointing noises can sometimes be difficult.

3. Is my a/c going out or just the refrigerant?