Q: Is it worth getting my fuel gauge fixed?

My fuel gauge only sometimes shows how much fuel I have. Most of the time it shows empty no matter how much fuel is in the tank. A mechanic told me it would be too expensive to fix. What are your thoughts?

A: The fuel level sending unit is mounted in t...

The fuel level sending unit is mounted in the fuel tank on the fuel tank module. It is one of the simplest parts to replace since the fuel pump in this vehicle is located under the back seat. If you decide to replace the sender, then I would recommend replacing the fuel pump and sending unit at the same time. I recommend calling a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to quote the replacement of the fuel pump and level sending unit along with the fuel filter. It is worth the repair if you rely on your fuel gauge.