Q: Is it safe to take my car on a 200 mile drive if it has a leak in the vacuum system?

I've had this car for 6 months and now I hear it might have a leak in its vacuum system. All I want to do is get back to the east coast of Florida after evacuating because of the emergency hurricane. Do you think I can make it safely?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I just went thro...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I just went through the hurricane myself and know what you are talking about. As long as you feel it is okay to drive the vehicle back home and there are no problems such as the brakes aren't working normally or the engine won't stay running. If you see a shop open where you are then stop by and see if they will take a look real quick to see if they notice the problem and is is okay to drive. Stay safe!