Q: Is it safe to drive truck to mechanic? The fuel line is leaking gas 1996 Chevrolet S10

Put gas today, smelled strong order of gas drove home, went through almost a quarter gas, in about 5 miles then i stopped and it was leaking alot of gas from the bottom of the engine. Is it safe to drive it to the mechanics? The drive is only 6 minutes away.

Hi there - NO, it is never safe to drive a vehicle with a fuel leak. Fumes are more likely to ignite than liquid, and any spark or exposure to a hot exhaust can instantly create a fire! Better to have the mechanic come to you. I recommend a fuel leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Is it safe to drive truck to mechanic? The fuel line is leaking gas 1996 Chevrolet S10