Q: Is it possible nissan mis-diagnosed my car?

Took my car in to nissan to get diagnosed and was told it was the steering lock thay was causing my car not to start. I replaced it and still not starting. Could they have mis-diagnosed my car?

A: Was the car not starting before you brought...

Was the car not starting before you brought it to them and starting after you got it back? If the symptoms did change after they worked on the vehicle, they may be going in the right direction and just haven’t found the major underlying cause for the car not starting. I have witnessed many situations where a customer states one issue and the vehicle does something else while the technician is working and the technician diagnoses the vehicle based on what it’s doing in front of the technician. Either way, your main concern has not been dealt with and you should return to the facility and ask that they take another look at what’s going on if your vehicle shows the same symptoms which made you take it in the first place.