Q: Is it possible for someone to guide me in the process of wiring a car from scratch?

I think I asked a similar question before but here goes. I have a 1989 project car I'm working on. At the moment I'm trying to install a wiring harness that I took from a different 1989 camaro (they look very different tho) but I was wondering if I was possible for someone to guide me or help me in installing it? I have the repair shop manual and all the wiring diagrams but I'm having difficulty understanding. Thanks in advance.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Unfortunately, a step-by-step walk through is above the services that we offer. With an older vehicle like this you will have a harder time finding some of the reading materials you may need to help you, but the harness is far less complicated than more modern vehicles. There are a few things you will want to keep in mind. First of all, wiring diagrams are going to give you much more information than you are going to need for hooking it up. You need to find the colors and purposes of the wires by tracing them on the diagram, and cross identifying them on the used replacement harness. You can ignore everything else for now. Label the wires with masking tape as you go. Secondly, not all wiring harnesses are compatible, and you want to make sure you are working with something you can actually use before you sink too much time into this part of the project. Lastly, keep in mind the "new" wiring harness is old and may have unknown issues that can mess you up along the way. Good Luck!

3. Is it possible for someone to guide me in the process of wiring a car from scratch?