Q: Is it possible for a motor to lock up with oil in it?

My engine light started blinking as I drove home. Then as I got close to home my electronic throttle control indicator light came on my dash,just as I was about to turn on my street my truck shut off and wouldn't start. When I turn the ignition it sounds like the starter is trying to start the car but it won't turn over or nothing. I was told my engine was locked up and I need a second opion.

The red lightning bolt indicates that there is a problem wit the electronic throttle control unit. This may be for a specific reason or may be due to a slight glitch, but it is not likely that the motor is locked up.

Try resetting the throttle control unit by doing the following:

Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" position but do not start the engine Wait for all the warning lights to go out. The check engine light may remain on. Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it is all the way back up at the rest position. Turn the ignition key to "OFF" position. Start the engine and test the throttle by see if the engine will throttle up.

This is often a procedure that must be repeated in the event the battery is ever disconnected. You will also want to have the computer scanned to check for any fault codes that may have been logged as a result of the lightning bolt showing up in the dash. If this does not correct your problem, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Is it possible for a motor to lock up with oil in it?