Q: Is it my battery

I got my water pump replaced about 2 months ago my thermostat normally stays at a quarter between hot and cold but if it goes halfway or past halfway when I shut my car off it will not turn back on for a couple hours but if I wait two three hours and try to turn it on it'll start right up do you think that's my battery

A: If the car has overheated before replacing ...

If the car has overheated before replacing the thermostat, you could potentially have a blown head gasket. I would start by checking compression to be sure this is not the case. You can rent these at the local auto parts stores if you know how to use them properly. However, I would recommend having an expert diagnose the high thermostat readings.