Q: Is it legal and possible to buy a 50cc motorbike and upgrade or swap it to a 125cc engine?

I'm 16 and I want to buy a motorbike. If I buy a bike now, can I get the engine changed or altered to 125cc when I turn 17?

Yes, this is possible and in fact they make many motorcycles that come from the factory with 125cc engines. I would recommend visiting your local motorcycle dealer as they often have a wide selection of motorcycles to choose from.

3. Is it legal and possible to buy a 50cc motorbike and upgrade or swap it to a 125cc engine?