Q: Is it just a battery issue or something else ?

Last night I went to go start my car and it wouldn't start .literally didn't even try or make a sound . Ultimately I say ok your battery is probably dead it's time for a new one but then I realize my lights and radio work . I had a friend come jump my car for me and it started up no problem . Since last night I've used and started my car 4 times and everything seems to be fine .

A: Hello. You are correct, this is a battery i...

Hello. You are correct, this is a battery issue. When the battery fails it will not hold a charge and this will occur. Many times it will work fine during short times of sitting, but then when it sits for a while it will drain. I typically start by load testing the battery to see if it is bad. Once the battery is replaced the alternator can be checked, but I am sure it is just the battery.

If you need to have it tested, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to test your batter and replace it, if necessary.