Q: Is it easy to replace a thermostate on a 1999 300m chrysler yourself

Is it easy to change a thermotate on a 1999 300m v6 sedan chrysler your self and how much

To determine the cost if a YourMechanic professional performs the work, please refer to YourMechanic’s thermostat replacement service page. In terms of "difficulty", a professional mechanic would require 1 to 2 hours to do the job. Broadly, if you have never done this before, you can assume the required time will be in the range of 2 to 4 hours. You do need basic mechanical skills and knowledge to do it as well as the required tools, including a low capacity (inch pound) torque wrench. In this particular application, if you still have the OEM thermostat installed, that thermostat may have been staked in place at the factory. To ensure proper seating of the replacement thermostat, you have to use a hand held grinder to remove the bulged metal from the thermostat housing. However, it is not necessary to re-stake the replacement thermostat into the thermostat housing. If you request thermostat replacement, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Is it easy to replace a thermostate on a 1999 300m chrysler yourself