Q: Problem with the triggering system on the coil ? Can the coil go bad and get out of time on firing? 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis

ok I PUT NEW PLUGS AND WIRES ON MY CAR A MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 1996 4.3 V 8 ...IT HAS A MISS NO. 5 CYC. IT RUNS PRETTY GOOD AT AN IDLE IS OK YOU CAN HEAR THE MISS ONCE IN WHILE WHEN ACCELERATING THE CAR POPS AND BACK FIRES THE CODE READER SAYS SOME THING ABOUT THE TRIGGERING SYSTEM ON THE COIL CAN ANY ONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT MY PROBLEM PLEASE SOME ONE GIVE SOME KIND OF A RESPONSE EVEN IF IT IS I NEVER HERD OF THIS THANK YOU JOE

3. Problem with the triggering system on the coil ? Can the coil go bad and get out of time on firing? 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis