Q: Is a mechanic able to determine if I need a engine harness in my drive way? I want a second opinion about my vehicle

I have a check engine light on and my vehicle is shaking when stationary. I took it to a mechanic first they said it was the fuel injector, coil and spark plugs so I replaced that. Then they said something messed up my ecm, so I replaced that. $700 dollars later they are now saying that it's my engine harness and all the wires are burnt. Nothing they originally said was the issue has fixed the actual problem,my light is still on and my car is still shaking.Is their anyone that can come out and give me a DEFINITE answer on what the problem really is? So I can determine if my car is worth investing more money in or just purchasing another vehicle. Can you check an engine harness in the drive way?

Hi Etoya. Thanks for contacting us tonight. I’ve cc’d your question to our service and sales department - so they can better answer your question. We’ll have to gather some additional information from you possibly, so they will contact you whether or not we are able to help out in this case.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in YourMechanic! To further assist you with your repair needs we will first need to have a mechanic physically inspect your car to have it correctly diagnosed. After the mechanic inspects your vehicle you will be given a quote for the recommended repairs. This helps to ensure that you are not wasting time or money on unneeded repairs.

$30 from this diagnostic appointment will be credited to your account if you book the recommended appointment (excluding oil changes). Please note that the quote refers only to the inspection, not the recommended repairs.

To verify that we service your area and are able to set up a quote for your inspection, please go online to Request a Quote. You will be asked to answer a few basic questions about your car, service request, and location to help us verify your request. Once we supply you with a quote you will be able to book an appointment online with a mechanic.

Questions? Check out our FAQ page, call us at 1-800-701-6230 between 6am to 5pm Mon-Fri and 7am to 4pm Sat-Sun PST, or reply to this email.

Best regards,

Amarilis YourMechanic Customer Service Team

3. Is a mechanic able to determine if I need a engine harness in my drive way? I want a second opinion about my vehicle