Q: Is a mechanic able to determine if I need a engine harness in my drive way? I want a second opinion about my vehicle

I have a check engine light on and my vehicle is shaking when stationary. I took it to a mechanic first they said it was the fuel injector, coil and spark plugs so I replaced that. Then they said something messed up my ecm, so I replaced that. $700 dollars later they are now saying that it's my engine harness and all the wires are burnt. Nothing they originally said was the issue has fixed the actual problem,my light is still on and my car is still shaking.Is their anyone that can come out and give me a DEFINITE answer on what the problem really is? So I can determine if my car is worth investing more money in or just purchasing another vehicle. Can you check an engine harness in the drive way?

3. Is a mechanic able to determine if I need a engine harness in my drive way? I want a second opinion about my vehicle