Q: is a Cooling System Flush needed when replacing the water pump on 2007 bmw 530i

is a Cooling System Flush needed when replacing the water pump on 2007 bmw 530i

A cooling system flush is not necessarily needed but strongly recommended. This is because particles in the old coolant could be built up in the system and cause the new pump to fail. This is more common on power steering pumps rather than water pumps but can still have the same symptoms. This would also depend on the warranty of your new water pump. If your new water pump states that a cooling system flush must be performed, a cooling system flush is strongly recommended as it could void the warranty if one is not done.

3. is a Cooling System Flush needed when replacing the water pump on 2007 bmw 530i