Q: Intermittently the car cranks longer and has difficulty to keep running

Hi. I was wondering why my car cranks a lot longer than it should. When I start it, it seems that it has difficulty to keep running. It lasts briefly and then the car runs fine. When I start it up after cranking for a while, it drives great with no issues. So, it happens sporadically. What could be causing this? Thanks.

This problem is most likely caused by the fuel system. The entire fuel system needs to be checked to see what is causing the pressure to leak down. The fuel pump may not be holding pressure, an injector may be leaking, or the pressure regulator may not be holding pressure. All of these items can cause the problem and would need to be tested and isolated to find the cause of the hard start.

3. Intermittently the car cranks longer and has difficulty to keep running