Q: Intermittent problems with electrical system

The first problem I’m having is the driver’s side brake light which works sometimes, but not others. I’ve changed the bulb several times. Also, when I turn the passenger side turn signal to “on,” they both flash. The driver’s side works fine. This problem, too, is a random event. A third problem is the gas level meter. It does not show the proper gas level. Sometimes it bounces past the “F” (this too, an intermittent problem). The mechanic changed a part for this third problem, but it didn’t fix it. I’m thinking these problems must be electrical. I need your assessment and diagnosis before I go to another repair shop.

Hello. It sounds like the problem you are having is an electrical one. It is also possible that you have an intermittent problem with the brake switch. If the instrument cluster is malfunctioning, this may cause the gas level gauge to malfunction as well. If parts of the circuit board located behind the instrument cluster are faulty, this could cause things on the dashboard to malfunction as well. I would suggest that you have the brake system wiring and components inspected along with the instrument cluster and fuel pump. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your electrical system and make the necessary repair.