Q: Intermittent malfunction of electrical components - 2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK350

Ocassionally, after I have turned the key into the first position, most of the electrical components of the car stop working. These would be the AC, blinker, speedometer, tachometer, power windows and the gauges. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it would correct itself after I restarted the car. How can this be fixed?

A: The ignition switch can fail (internally) i...

The ignition switch can fail (internally) in this fashion, failing to make proper electrical connections sporadically. Have the ignition switch checked, and if necessary, replaced. A YourMechanic professional can inspect your vehicle and replace your ignition switch.