My cig lighter needed to be replaced so i replaced it and it blew the fuse i repalced tht and my lights and knobs where my radio is turned off.. I have a 2006 toyota rav4
Hi there. When dealing with any electrical parts and wiring, its always best to disconnect the battery first prior to removing any wire that has power to it. When the cigarette lighter was replaced and the fuse was blown, the ground wire may be connected to the ground wire on the radio. Check the fuse box for any interior lights fuse and see if they are blown. If there are no fuses that are blown and they are all in good shape, then the radio may have been spiked with power and could have shorted out the lights on the radio. If you need further assistance with your radio lights not working after replacing a cigarette lighter, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.
Have a car question? Get free advice from our top-rated mechanics.