Q: Interested in purchasing a 2004 Saab 93 and the power door lock won't work all the time, sometimes u locks the back but have to ma

I am interested in using a 2004 saab 93 and the power door locks do not lock the front doors and sometimes will unlock the back but to lock them you have to manually lock them.. and have to use the key manually to open drivers door... what do you think needs to be done and possible cost than you

The power door lock system is a relatively simple system. When you press the lock or unlock button (located on your key, or inside your vehicle), the power door lock sends a relay signal to the power door lock actuator. The actuator, through a series of gears, locks or unlocks the door or doors that you are controlling. Since there are multiple components that make up this system which could be causing them to fail, it’s best to first have a professional mobile mechanic complete a power door locks are not working inspection.

• Interested in purchasing a 2004 Saab 93 and the power door lock won't work all the time, sometimes u locks the back but have to ma