Q: Intelligent Access intermittent problem

Intelligent Access isn't working reliably on my car any more. I used to just need to hold my finger on the handle to unlock the car every time. Now, it sometimes won't unlock, and I have to use the buttons on my fob. It wasn't working this morning, but now I'm parked at work and it works just fine. Do I need to have something checked out?ing, parked at work and now it works. What gives?

A: Hello. It sounds like the touch pad has a b...

Hello. It sounds like the touch pad has a bad spot in it and is working intermittently when you attempt to use it. It's possible for an issue like this to be covered under your vehicle’s warranty.

If you are not sure, it would be a good idea to call your local dealer and inquire about the terms of your warranty. To fix this problem, the touch pad may need to be replaced and reprogrammed by a Ford dealer. If you want a second opinion, consider having a certified technician inspect the door component for you, they'll be able to confirm my suspicions.