Q: intake manifold question

installing an intake manifold on a mustang the one listed. wondering if the manifold surface where the valley and the manifold meet should touch together? or should rtv take up the space. right now my manifold seals where the intake gaskets go but not where the valley and intake meet

I do not see the manifold listed that you mention, but the intake manifold to head should have a gasket on both sides for the lower intake and you can use grey RTV around the coolant passages. If you are using the two piece fuel injection manifold then there is a gasket that goes between the upper and lower manifold.

If you use any RTV on this connection it could get into the engine if excessive amounts are used other than a very thin layer to hold the gasket in place. If you do end up using RTV I’d suggest you use an ultra grey one, as a cheap RTV may fail quickly or not seal good or cure too quickly.