Q: Instrument panel lights on and rear wiper not working. What do I do?

The lights were working before but I was trying to replace the normal fuse with an led (led fuse that lights up when dead) the instrument panel disappeared changing the fuse again did nothing no lights on ignition, with this the rear windscreen wiper stopped working (was changing all fuses to led) now if I revert to the normal fuse it does nothing, although these functions were working perfectly 1 hour before.

I did check the fuse diagram for my vehicle when fitting the fuses so the order cant be wrong.

A: Volkswagen (later models at least) use a po...

Volkswagen (later models at least) use a power distribution unit (PDU) that aggregates the usual fuse box items onto larger current supply wires, which then have much larger fuses (i.e. 25, 50 100 amps). It is possible that swapping the conventional fuses for led fuses created a condition where one circuit of the PDU was over-loaded and the PDU fuse link blew.

You don't specify what year or model of VW you are dealing with here, so it is not possible to speculate where the PDU is located or the specifics of how the conventional fused circuits are aggregated. If you re-phrase your question with additional information, it might be possible to respond more precisely. In the meantime, I would recommend having an electrical problems inspection completed by a local professional, like one from YourMechanic, to have this inspected in person and taken care of.