Q: Instrument cluster not lighting up

The instrument cluster is not lighting up anymore. The gear, engine, and fuel gauge lights are still on, though none of the backlights behind the speedometer, RPMs, and tachometer work.

If the instrument cluster is no longer working, I suspect your vehicle may be experiencing an electrical problem, perhaps a blown fuse, or wiring problems. As electrical problems can sometimes be difficult to diagnose yourself, I would recommend having a professional technician from YourMechanic inspect the vehicle’s electric system to ensure that the correct repairs are made.

3. Instrument cluster not lighting up