Q: Installing the back window hardware.

I got my 1970 Impala back from an individual who was highly recommend. He was in the middle of replacing all of the rubber, wheels on the window connected to the regulator etc. He was going on two years of doing this, (In his spare time). The interior was completely disassembled and all of the weather stripping is off and all of the working mechanism are out. I managed to get the front door windows in, minus the guides. My question is regarding the rear window assembly, where do I place what I think is the lower roller guide. I cannot figure out where it bolts to. I have the regulator in but that long piece has me stumped. Also if you can provide the locations of where the guides are placed both front doors and back you guys would be saving me hours of frustration.

A: Hi there, This is a very difficult questio...

Hi there,

This is a very difficult question to answer without being able to actually look at everything in person. There are a lot of variables here, especially since somebody else took this all apart over the course of two years. They very well could have lost pieces that are crucial to reassembly. The best thing you can do at this point, is to contact a professional technician, such as one available from YourMechanic, to come by and look at the window regulator so they can see what needs to be done. Then they will be able to recommend an appropriate repair.

Recommended services
Get a Quote