Q: Installed a new thermostat and now it won't hardly idle and Boggs down when driving

Truck doesn't want to idle and Boggs down when driving . All I did was Chang the thermostat. Was running fine before.

A: Hi there: Typically swapping out the therm...

Hi there:

Typically swapping out the thermostat only won't be the source of idle issues. However, if your 96 Ford F-250 overheated which stimulated the thermostat change, it's possible that other components may have been damaged. Some things you might want to check out include the EGR valve, mass air flow sensor or idle control valve that might be dirty or the electrical connection is faulty or loose. If you can't trace the issue after inspecting those three, contact a mobile mechanic to complete a car idle is rough inspection.