Q: Inline 6 build

I have the straight 6 for a 66 mustang with most of the parts required to build. The problem I face is if I should pay someone to build the straight 6 I have, because I have no experience, or buy a engine ready to put in it?

Hi again Griffin. Whether you have the V-8 or the straight 6 Ford motor, the advice is the same; always defer to a professional to rebuild the engine if you’re looking for drive the vehicle frequently. Something I thought about since you wrote in the other day was that if you have older parts, they might be too worn out to install into the motor. This is especially true with pistons, connecting rods and cylinder head hardware. So, the same advice we offered with the V-8 applies here as well. You’ll have to consult with a local engine builder or machine performance shop to determine what your best economic option is based on the parts you have, what will need to be purchased new and the cost of assembly vs. the cost of purchasing an already assembled engine that you can easily install. Good luck with your project.

3. Inline 6 build